Answered By: Helen Smith Last Updated: Jul 17, 2020 Views: 80
You can receive text messages from both My Library Account and ILLiad.
For My Library Account
- log in to My Library Account
- click on Update Address
- add your cell phone number to the Email Address field. Include your area code and cell phone provider extension.
- Be sure to include a comma, but no spaces, between your email address and your cell phone number
Email Address: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Update Address to save your changes
Your cell phone provider extension can be found at:
- log in to ILLiad
- select Update Account Preferences from the left menu bar (new users will see the New User Registration page after log in)
- add your cell phone number to the Mobile Phone Number field. Include 1 + your area code and cell phone number.
- Click submit to save the changes
NOTICE: Charges may be incurred from your cellular provider. Check the terms of your contract for details on charges related to receiving text messages. Complete notices are sent via text messaging and are truncated to fit character limits. Your provider may send multiple text messages for each notice.
- Please be aware that all library notices include more information than will fit in a standard text message. We encourage you to also check My Library Account, ILLiad and your emailed notices for additional information.
- We strongly encourage you to continue to receive emailed notices in addition to text messaged notices, and to monitor My Library Account and ILLiad. Failure to receive any notice does not relieve you of your borrower responsibilities.
- TO UNSUBSCRIBE from text service, remove your phone number and extension from the Email Address field. Do not remove your email address.