Answered By: Janet Hughes Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 4354
The LIAS-VPN is a system that provides more seamless access to databases and other resources, as if you were "on campus." Using the LIAS-VPN often resolves access problems with library databases when you are off-campus, including firewall issues. The VPN is required for a few databases.
To install and use the VPN
- Go to http://downloads.its.psu.edu
- Select Connecting to Penn State
- Look for Virtual Private Network (AnyConnect), and select your operating system.
- Download the appropriate file.
- Open the downloaded file on your computer and install the software.
- After installation, run Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Click "Connect".
- Under Group, Choose LIASVPN and enter your PSU Access Account ID and password. Then the VPN connection will automatically initiate.
AnyConnect supports the following operating systems:
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7
Mac OS X 10.8 and higher
Linux Intel (x64)