Answered By: Janet Hughes Last Updated: Jan 19, 2016 Views: 172
What is empirical research?
Empirical research is based on observed and measured phenomena and derives knowledge from actual experience rather than from theory or belief.
Key characteristics to look for:
• Statement about the methodology being used
• Research questions to be answered
• Definition of the group or phenomena being studied
• Process used to study this group or phenomena, including any controls or instruments such as tests or surveys
• Ask yourself: Could I recreate this study and test these results?
• Read the abstract of the article for a description of the methodology
More information is available at this research guide
Chat Live Now